Slope Stability 2020 will provide a forum for open pit mining and civil engineering practitioners, consultants, researchers and suppliers worldwide to exchange views on best practice and state-of-the-art slope technologies. Best practice with respect to pit slope investigations, design, implementation and performance monitoring will be discussed during the symposium.
The ACG is delighted to host this event in Perth again. It has been more than a decade since it was last held in Western Australia.
- Safety and risk management
- Assessment and implications for uncertainty in design
- Processing of geotechnical data and limit design
- Numerical analysis, insitu stress and displacement design of slopes
- Open pit/underground interaction
- Surface water and groundwater management, depressurisation, monitoring and remediation
- Rock fall analysis and control
- Slope stability in unsaturated materials
- Slope design implementation, excavation control, blasting and legacy issues for final walls; quality control
Past symposia have been held in:
- Seville, Spain, 2018
- Cape Town, South Africa, 2015
- Brisbane, Australia, 2013
- Vancouver, Canada, 2011
- Santiago, Chile, 2009
- Perth, Australia, 2007
- Cape Town, South Africa, 2006
Click here to view the event flyer.
- We are delighted to have Reutech Mining as the Principal Sponsor of this event.
- Exhibitor booths are now SOLD OUT! View other sponsorship opportunity information here.
- There are two workshops running alongside Slope Stability 2020. Click here to learn more.
- View the list of 130+ received papers.
- Many open pit papers from previous events are freely available for download from the ACG Online Repository.